Friday, March 15, 2019

Daybreak

Daybreak at Bowser on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada


 .... and an often present Bald Eagle

Most days - morning and afternoon - groups of sea lions would drift by on their way up to Comox Harbour and beyond, with flippers above water 
(almost waving, I kid myself, but read that their flippers absorb whatever warmth - in winter?! - is in the air and this helps to regulate their body temperature).

Some days I counted up to 30 sea lions, and their approaching
"voices" as they neared the front of the property regularly brought me running


A couple of times I braved sitting on this well-positioned bench seat
but as temperatures were often below 5C between Dec - Feb, it wasn't a regular choice !  On this day rain/fog/mist hid the wonderful view across to those magnificent Coastal Range Mountains on the BC mainland.

Wishing all a safe and happy weekend as I link in with

9 comments:

Jim said...

Great sunrise shot.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I love the first photo... what a beauty!!

Rajlakshmi said...

The dawn photo looks so beautiful and peaceful.

Lady Fi said...

Wow - amazing and beautiful!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

So long since I have been there and never got to look around much either, I was working there

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

That first shot is a real stunner. I could do with some flippers to absorb a little heat in those temperatures!

Thomas Lee/Lee Lip Pang said...

A tranquil sunrise

Jutta.K. said...

The first shot is so wonderful, the light is impressive !
I also like the last one.
My sky...

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely sky shot at daybreak and wonderful nature photos too!

Happy moments to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...