Monday, November 15, 2021

Looking back - Monarto Safari Park

Looking back over 2021, one fascinating experience comes to mind that I'd like to share with you - in April, a dear friend said she'd always wanted to visit Monarto Safari Park (here in South Australia, about an hour's drive from Adelaide CBD), so following are some images from our day out there .....







Ahhh, the ever popular and entertaining Meerkats!

It seemed poor Mum was craving an afternoon nap, but Junior had other ideas!


Meanwhile, this relative was feeling the cooler temperatures that day and didn't seem too happy about it

Peek a boo - I see you!










Ahh, my favourite - the big cats 😍



 Sending warmest wishes to my fellow bloggers and, wherever you are, I pray you are safe and well as we lead up to Christmas and another year.  Thank you, once again, to the loyal team of people who oversee Our World Tuesday - Bravo!

Back in July-August, I undertook a house & cat "sit" in the Gippsland region of Victoria (my favourite Australian State!). Sadly, due to Covid-19, there were several lockdowns during those 6 weeks, meaning I could not get out and about with my camera, so I revived a hobby from my teen years - watercolour painting and discovered another relaxing way to express my creativity;  thinking I will continue along this path - here's a recent effort :




6 comments:

Fun60 said...

The animal park had lots to see. I love watching the meerkats. That's an excellent painting of the poppies. You definitely have a talent for watercolours.

Valerie said...

Thank you for your kind encouragement :-)

Shiju Sugunan said...

You got some really nice shot of animals at the park. My favorite are the giraffe ones. I am always biased towards giraffes.

My latest post:
https://craniumbolts.blogspot.com/2021/11/trip-to-saul-kere-lake.html

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Valerie said...

Thank you Rajani for visiting my blog and for your generous comment. That's an incredible capture of the moon on your blog!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Wonderful photos, specially the one of the giraffe being so curious. Your painting is beautiful! I do hope you continue.

-Soma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...