Tuesday, August 31, 2021

A thankful return

 I really have missed catching up with my fellow bloggers from around the world these past few months - it is my prayer that none of you have been personally impacted (health-wise) by Covid 19 or its variants.

After crossing the Victorian-South Australian border with 3 hours to spare before the border closed again, I am very thankful indeed to have recently returned safely from a 6-week house & cat-sit in the beautiful Victorian region of Gippsland.  It was a very different experience from that of 5 years ago when the same family invited me to care for their cat and home!  Although my exploratory travels were somewhat curtailed by almost 3 weeks of lockdown, when free to do so, my Nikon and I set off to further experience this stunning, green land.  

It must be said, however, that whilst in lockdown, at least the lovely green surrounding countryside was a soothing environment in which to be "incarcerated"!

The following selection was taken in Mt Worth State Park mid-July.








I did not encounter a soul on this hour long walk and the weather was invigorating!
However, the delightful and unexpected appearance of a wallaby just a few metres ahead of me on the edge of the path "made my heart sing" (to borrow the words of a good friend and fellow photographer)!

I am keen to reconnect with my village "family" and friends upon coming out of home quarantine next Sunday :-) . 

More next week . . . .  take care everyone.

Linking up with the dedicated team at Our World Tuesday


10 comments:

Fun60 said...

Good to hear you are safe and back in touch with your cyber friends. That looks a beautiful walk.

Lady Fi said...

Nice to hear from you! Looks like a beautiful area for cat sitting and walking!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

If you're going to be "trapped" somewhere then that looks a better place than many. Rather more restful than being locked down in a small home in a big city. You've got some stunning pictures there of your visit.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a beautiful lush green area in which to walk. I'm sure being able to hike a bit in nature helped so much with staying home during covid time.

Valerie said...

Fun60: thank you for dropping by my blog. Yes, it was a serene environment and one I never tire of - it is so good for the soul to be embraced by nature.

Valerie said...

Lady Fi: thank you, too, for your commitment to keeping this great blog going together with the team. Especially in these uncertain times - particularly from a travelling perspective - it is marvellous to still be able to glimpse other parts of our world.

Valerie said...

John: I echo your sentiments about the surroundings of my enforced isolation - although living in a pleasant suburban area close to the Adelaide foothills, I rarely miss an opportunity to "head for the country" - green if possible :-)
to "top up my battery". Thank you for dropping by and for your compliments.

Valerie said...

Pat: thanks to you also for taking time to drop by. Yes, the Victorian countryside does wonders for a Covid-weary soul and I am appreciative of having been able to experience its beauty once again. Keep safe.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Welcome back! Despite the circumstance, you have taken some beautiful photos. Glad to hear you are safe and sound home again.

-Soma

diane b said...

What a beautiful place to be locked down. You were lucky to get home. My eldest daughter and SIL are locked down in regional Victoria on the Great Ocean Road. They have been on holidays from Sydney and they don't want to go home. They are trying to get to us in QLD via SA but they can't get into SA or QLD They don't mind being locked down where they are. lots of bush walks/runs and cycling up to 5kms.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...