Friday, October 5, 2018

Fire and Water

I spent 3 weeks cat-sitting in New Westminster, some 40 minutes
(on Skytrain) south of Vancouver, BC a few months back.
This was the scene from the rear balcony of the apartment on a day when smoke from the 500+ wildfires burning throughout British Columbia blanketed the mainland (and also drifted across to Vancouver Island).


Another day I had just begun a walk to a nearby park when I spotted smoke in the skies.  Following its source a short distance away, the cause was revealed -
a barge (on the Fraser River) containing (I was told) car bodies had caught fire.



 

Linking up with Skywatch Friday

7 comments:

Jim said...

Yikes at the fire.

Lady Fi said...

Such dramatic shots. Yikes!

diane b said...

Wow an exciting time on the water. Great shots.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Oh my, the barge fire shots are really dramatic! Great photos!!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I'm full of admiration for those who fight fires, whether it be wildfires or on river barges. You certainly got some great shots.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, the fire looks dangerous. It is neat seeing the fire boats putting out the fire. I hope no one was hurt. I have to say I love your Koala header, they are so cute. Have a happy Friday, happy weekend!

William Brown said...

Amazing captured.....thanks for sharing such a great pictures..
Book online bus ticket from Redbus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...