Tuesday, November 15, 2016

More island delights



Soaking up the rainforest environment was a constant during my stay - sometimes in a more literal than metaphoric sense! 

 
I really appreciated the diversity of plants and growth, textures and colours as I walked the trails, together with a myriad of reflection opportunities.



This rather grand-looking motor home was one of two parked in the Elk River Falls car park.

 
and this was the gorgeous view that greeted me most days as I drove into Comox and beyond

 
A small jetty adjacent to one of several walking trails through wooded areas abutting the water in Comox

 
On my second morning in residence I was amazed and delighted to be greeted by a deer and stag on the front lawn (not so appreciated by permanent residents though, due to their destructive behaviour with plants!)



 
At Williams Beach these two retrievers were having a whale of a time in the water

 

and more peaceful local scenery



Looking across the Comox Dyke towards the Comox Glacier (again a daily vista)

a fishing trawler heading for home

Time to link up with Our World Tuesday
and grateful thanks once again to the team who provide us with this opportunity to share images from around the world.

5 comments:

Lady Fi said...

What a gorgeous area! Such lovely shots too. That deer is precious.

Birgitta said...

Lovely and nice photos!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Beautiful area. Your shots certainly show us variety.

Christine said...

What a lovely area! & what a special treat to see the deer!

Ruth said...

Great photos! I miss the rainforest a lot. when I was a kid living in Puerto Rico, I used to visit the different rainforests often. It is something I would live to experience again. #OurWorldTuesday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...