Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Gippsland treasures

 
Once more settling into my nice cosy home after the adventurous month away,
cat + house-sitting in Gippsland, Victoria
 
Following are just a few images taken during my 5000+ km travels .....
 

A tree fern unfurling within Tarra Bulga National Park
 


Funghi growing out of a gloriously-coloured tree trunk


As my usual residence is located in the driest State on the driest Continent, it was wonderful to be constantly surrounded by the lush green countryside and rainforests in this part of Victoria.
 

More funghi (above and below) - this time in Morwell National Park



Having only arrived home 36 hours ago, the huge task of uploading and culling the thousands of images captured now begins!  (A handful of which I will share with you in the coming weeks.)
 
Meanwhile, am linking up again with Our World Tuesday

(a big thank you to our hosts)
and look forward to visiting your sites

12 comments:

Andrea said...

Those are such lovely and wonderful finds in the woods. In NZ i also saw some mushrooms on trunks maybe about 10ft above the ground. It seldom happens here in our type of tropics. I didn't know that Victoria is the driest continent!

diane b said...

The colours are beautiful. Welcome home. Looking forward to seeing more of your adventure.

Marja said...

I love the tree fern which is an important symbol here in NZ The funghi have beautiful colours

Valerie said...

Kalantikan: sorry to cause confusion - I should have mentioned that my usual home environment is South Australia (not Victoria), and it is SA that has been given the "title" of "Driest State in the driest Continent". Thank you for dropping by.

Indrani said...

Beautiful creations of nature! So well captured.

Jeanna said...

The colors are amazing, especially the orange 'schrooms and rainbow tree. I would have never figured out that first shot without the caption. It's a little creepy, which I like. Good luck with all the images, take a breather now and then.

Minoru Saito said...

Hi! I enjoyed your posts very much. I like Australia very much. I have visited your country 3 times already. Thanks for sharing.

eileeninmd said...

Great series, I like the color of last mushroom shot.
Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Lady Fi said...

What lovely treasures.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

saw these fungi in my park.

Tony McGurk said...

We went there once & it was such a beautiful place. Love the Fungi on the tree trunk shot

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love the different fungi, but the colouring of the tree trunk is especially fascinating.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...