Thursday, September 13, 2012

Kangaroos in Suburbia !

Being keen to try out my newly acquired camera - a Nikon Coolpix P510 - I had literally only just begun my journey to a local wetlands area some 15 minutes' drive away from my home in suburbia, when I looked to a large area of open land adjacent to a main road into town and couldn't believe my eyes - there were several kangaroos grazing and lazing in the grass!!
This adjacent road has high volume traffic, it was 10:30 in the morning and we are talking about a residential region some 15-20kms from Adelaide's CBD on the northern side - I have never seen wildlife in this area before, so it was an absolute treat, and gave me an opportunity to try out the new tripod as well!  What a way to start the day!!



It looks like this 'roo has a baby joey in her pouch - another bonus!

They didn't seem at all perturbed by my presence

This one seemed to be hiding in the long grass.

Just have to post these on Camera Critters blog!
Visit http://camera-critters.blogspot.com.au/ for more creatures.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Amazing to be able to capture these roos in such a built up area .... The perfect scene to try out your new Nikon. Bravo!

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

A fantastic start indeed! What a pleasant discovery that was.

LindyLouMac said...

How lovely but I hope they stayed safe from the traffic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...