Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Adelaide

... the fair city of Adelaide, capital of South Australia. Here are: one of our brightly coloured trams (which run from the City to Glenelg on the coast; looking north down the main street (King William) from Victoria Square in the City's centre; another "barky" shot; the tower of St Francis Xavier's Cathedral; and another "contrast of ages" shot, showing our General Post Office with it's tower backdropped by two of Australia's "Big 4" bank buildings and part of John Dowie's wonderful fountain in the foreground.


This is my submission to Our World Tuesday.


To view other scenes from around the world, visit http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com.au/

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great tour!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Dianne said...

Ah! Some familiar sights here ... Our new trams add a vibrant splash of colour to the city centre.

Shaun said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful city with us Valerie
Shaun

LindyLouMac said...

Thanks for calling by my photography blog, I am going to join you here so I do not miss your posts. Great mosaic of Adelaide.

NatureFootstep said...

when I was young I wanted to go there but I didn´t have enough money. Nice to see it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...