Wednesday, November 2, 2011

England - Ramsbury in Wiltshire

During my return visit to the UK in 2009, I had the pleasure of staying with friends of friends in the wonderful village of Ramsbury in Wiltshire (I have referred to it in previous posts).
Above is the Church of the Holy Cross, of which there is evidence of it pre-dating 900 AD

 The beautiful workmanship in the windows fascinated me.

... and here are some of the poppies growing within the church grounds

and one of the stunning windows.

There is more to share of this delightful village, but I'll save that for another day. Hope you enjoy these.

3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Beautiful photos! What a lovely church to visit. I would love to walk through the old cemetery, too! Thanks for visiting me today! Come back soon! ♥

diane b said...

It is hard to believe a building could be so old. The windows are stunning.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

The church looks like a cross between a church and a castle. Love the windows, they look amazing. The poppy would be brilliant the next day when opened.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...