Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cathedral Grove

During my stay on Vancouver Island, Cathedral Grove was impressed
upon me as a "must see".  My pleasure was doubled because of a recent snow fall, 
adding a special something to the scene.



I can understand why it is called "Cathedral"  - in the words of an old
'60s song - "there's a kind of hush" about the area; just beautiful.




(Apologies to all of you who "suffer" snow on a regular basis - to this English-born
but Aussie-living individual, the novelty of seeing or experiencing snow hasn't worn off!)


My visit to Cathedral Grove was capped off by this charming little critter's 
presence as I left the walkway entrance.


... and then, of course, the conveniences every traveler seeks at some point of their journey!


(Having only returned from Vancouver Island a few days ago, and with about 
1000 photos to filter through, the above images are straight out of the camera, but
I hope you enjoy them anyway!)





1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm glad you got to experience some snow. Had you gone further east, you would have been up over your knees in it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...