Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A budding Olympic skater?


Ice-skating in Robson Square, Vancouver

(After my arrival from Australia late the previous night, a generous member of the
West Vancouver Seniors Photography group agreed to accompany me on 
a night shoot the next day, taking in some of the city and harbor - thank you Hans!)

Several young children were safely learning to skate using
these frames - perhaps one day to go on to compete in the Winter Olympics?!

Linking up with Our World Tuesday

7 comments:

Gordon said...

Well you have done a good job with that shot, love the colours. I hope you enjoyed your holiday.
All the best Gordon

carol l mckenna said...

Great night shot of young skaters ~ special event for you I am sure ~ thanks,

artmusedog and carol
www.acreativeharbor.com

eileeninmd said...

I love this colorful shot! I hope you had a great trip!

Jack said...

Great lighting! I am observing more and more places with the kind of exciting and colorful lighting that we couldn't even imagine ten years ago.

Carver said...

Great way for the young ones to learn to skate. I remember when my daughter was growing up and wanted an ice skating birthday party. She was fairly competent on ice skates and back then I was o.k. but it was stressful skating with a child holding each hand (two of her friends that didn't know how to ice skate but didn't want to stay on the railing they wanted ME to skate them around). I managed to keep them up but this was when my now 29 year old child was having her 6th birthday as I recall and I would have liked those aids you pictured here.

Anonymous said...

What a colourful shot.

diane b said...

That would have been a fun shoot if you weren't too tired from the flight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...