Monday, April 30, 2012

Exhilarating Port Elliot . . and more !

Definitely my favourite part of South Australia is the Fleurieu Peninsula, south of Adelaide.  Above is the breathtaking bay at Port Elliot, which is popular with both surfers and fishermen. 
  
If you're looking for a totally refreshing break from the hassles and busyness of life, you need look no further - about 1+1/4 hrs' drive from the city, on your way to the seashore you'll travel through such calming surroundings as those above and below; lush green vegetation, deep ravines, magnificent gum trees and, if you listen carefully, you're likely to hear the enchanting "conversation" of Kookaburras!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks lovely there.

LifeRamblings said...

such beautiful places to spend the day.

A Colorful World said...

I just checked out several of your posts and really enjoyed them! This is a great Our World post also, and I appreciate your comment on my blog as well. Hope you are having a great week!

Karen said...

The Fleurieu is one of my favourite places in SA. I lived in Victor Harbor.

Carver said...

What a beautiful part of the world.

Black Jack's Carol said...

I've never been to Australia, but your stunning photographs and descriptions are calling to me. Thanks for the wonderful tour.

Reader Wil said...

The sound of the kookaburra is quite unique! I shall be glad to hear it again in July. My grandchildren always sang :" kookaburra sits in an old gumtree..."

NatureFootstep said...

love that bay and the lovely waves coming in. :)

Joyful said...

Lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...