Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Welcome relief

After several days last week of very high Summer temperatures here in Adelaide, South Australia daytime top of 40C and overnight low of 34C at 7:30am), early evening one day the temperature dropped by an appreciable 10 degrees, so I headed off down to a local beach for some relief. I was not disappointed!  As the next 2 hours unfolded, the sky provided an extraordinary light show as the sun dropped over the horizon.
(for some reason these pics have not uploaded in the sequence I chose, but nevertheless I hope you enjoy them).The shots are almost entirely straight out of the camera.
 


 




This poor dog was also feeling the heat and at one stage actually SAT in the water!
 





The views were so incredible, it was hard to choose amongst all the photos taken, so forgive me if I've "gone overboard" in sharing the experience!
 
Joining in the fun at Our World Tuesday

10 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your collection of photos is beautiful - love the sunsets and seacapes

K V V S MURTHY said...

Wow..super captures..all the best.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Share away, I love all your images. What a great sunset you saw. Thank you for sharing it.

Linda W. said...

These are great! I love them all too.

Lady Fi said...

Wow - that is way too hot! What gorgeous shots!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Those Sunset photos are amazing -- no wonder you had trouble choosing; I'm glad you included them all. That last photo looks like a star fell down out of the sky.

Fun60 said...

Oh what a fabulous series of sunset photos.

Liz Needle said...

I'm glad you went overboard - the shots are stunning. We have had some lovely sunsets in Adelaide this summer, haven't we.

Molly said...

Just wow at those gloriously beautiful skies

Mollyxxx

NatureFootstep said...

now that was an extraordinary evening. So much beauty nature provided. Love it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...