Wednesday, August 27, 2014

England's Lake District


Back in early May, I spent a couple of days (way too short a time!) in the Lake District of England, based in a charming 17th Century BnB at Ayside where I was warmly greeted by the "locals", this was just a 10 minute drive from the southern edge of Lake Windemere.


This gorgeous mother and daughter team of Highland Laboradors were a delight with their enthusiastic welcomes


I so admire the patience and skill of those who built these iconic stone and slate boundaries centuries ago.


This brilliant blossom provided a blaze of colour as I made my way down to the ferry landing at Fell Foot

where I spotted this Black Headed Gull (their masking is actually chocolate brown in Summer - as was the case here)
 

and this was some of the surrounding scenery viewed from the ferry 
(I took a 3/4 hr round trip on Windemere)


Linking up with Outdoor Wednesday (and thank you Susan for hosting)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

fabulous shot of the gull..interesting that it has leg bands...

maryaustria said...

These are lovely shots! I love the first one!

Anonymous said...

The Lake District is simply stunning! Wonderful shots.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots, must have been nice to stay there for some time. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your weekend.

Lina Gustina said...

Enjoying your lake trip photos. Wonderful varieties.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy weekend :)

www.womenandperspectives.com/2014/08/flying-moment.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...