Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Colourful memories

During my 6-week revisit of the UK in 2009, I caught up with some dear people I'd not seen in some 40 years. They were able to show us some pretty areas (aren't they all ?!) around Fowey in Cornwall. We sat opposite this scene above one warm Summer's Day and couldn't help notice the variety of water craft - from rowboats, dinghys, fibreglass runabouts, clinker-built fishing boats, small cabin cruisers to the quieter yachts. The colourful bunting completed the picture.
For other watery images, visit http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com.au/

7 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

At first I thought that pretty scene was in Devon where I used to live, but then I read Foway in Cornwall. Not too far away. I loved Cornwall too.

Hootin Anni said...

Pretty....English country....very pristine and colorful with the flags too.

My Wednesday Post is: BOB HALL PIER on North Padre Island

NatureFootstep said...

sounds like a great trip. Meeting friends and new areas to explore. :)

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Beautiful photo of a delightful place, Valerie!

EG CameraGirl said...

How special to see friends after so many years. The area looks beautiful! I bet you'd love to go back.

Valerie said...

EG - yes it was a very special reunion and I sure would love to go back to see more of the stunning scenery, but I shouldn't be greedy! Meanwhile, I content myself with viewing the scenery through various documentaries and shows like "Escape to the Country" on TV ! Wishing you a great weekend.

Frostbite and Sunburn said...

Such a colourful scene - busy and yet serene!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...