Wednesday, December 29, 2021

A creative journey

 Back in July-August I was house & cat sitting in the lovely semi rural town of Warragul in the Gippsland region of Victoria. During that time the State went into several lockdowns and it was not permitted to travel more than 5kms from one's home, thus putting a damper on my usual exploratory adventures around the countryside with my camera.

This led to my reviving a hobby from childhood days - watercolour painting. Travels, life and photography had previously pushed this into the background and I barely pulled out the brushes and paints for decades. However, I've now taken to it with a passion, so thought I'd share a few of my efforts with you .....










Have to say I'm enjoying the experience immensely - can forget all about Covid and its ramifications for a while!  When I return home in Feb, am planning to join a local art class - currently am just learning from books and a few online tips.

Perhaps you, too, might be wondering how to invest your time during lockdown or other enforced isolation - why not grab a pad and colouring pencils or brushes and paints and give it a go?  It need not be an expensive hobby. 

2 comments:

Jill Harrison said...

These are lovely Valerie. I really do hope that you continue after you return home and join the local art group. I did a watercolour class last summer with my sister but sadly haven't done hardly any since, because other things seem to take over my life, but I fully intend to. Wishing you and yours a safe and happy 2022. And thank you fo0r visiting my blog last week.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Very pretty Valerie. Such a nice talent you have. Keep it up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...