Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Great Ocean Road - Pt 1

Wow! It's been 4 months since last I posted on my blog - I have missed catching up with you all and commenting on your fabulous collections.  
Covid and crazy weather patterns around the world continue to have their impact in so many ways. Thankfully, technology enables us to maintain contact with distant family and friends. In the overall scheme of things, the inability to travel overseas is a small price to pay for the safety of everyone.  
However, in the meantime am grateful to have been able to travel from my home State of South Australia over the border into neighbouring Victoria.  A good friend and I have just returned from a 9 day, 2111km adventure along that State's Great Ocean Road with its magnificent scenery. Following is a glimpse of what we were able to enjoy (including cooler & more comfortable weather!)

The Bay of Islands




Looking back towards the Bay of Islands


London Bridge (the link with land on the left has been eroded over time)


Holiday-makers enjoying a stroll along Apollo Bay's shore









. . . apologies for the "overkill" with surf images, but it was a constantly mesmerizing scene over those 9 days and too lovely not to share!

Keep well and safe all.

Happy to once more be joining in Our world Tuesday


 

11 comments:

EricaSta said...

Thank you for sharing. It must be wonderful to walk there on the beach.

Stay healthy.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Glorious coastal scenery, thanks for taking us along. The current travel restrictions remind us of how things must have been in the past; my great grandmother kissed goodbye three of her sons when they emigrated and knew it was unlikely that she'd ever see them again. Only my grandfather returned to the UK. At least we know that the present restrictions will be lifted eventually.

Lady Fi said...

Fabulously soothing shots.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Great shots. Can't wait until we can travel again. My husband is scheduled for his shots and I am on a waiting list.

Fun60 said...

Love the shots of the surf. I am missing visits to the sea. I can't wait until we are allowed to travel outside our own areas again.

dee Nambiar said...

Lovely images from your trip. <3
I'd love to do the Great Ocean Road drive, sometime.

Valerie said...

Thank you all so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave comments. I have missed the interaction/connection that blogging brings and look forward to seeing more of your wonderful images. Keep safe!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Your images are a tad bittersweet for me. I had planned to be in Australia in July of last year, and for part of the time would have travelled along that same coastal area of Victoria, but that arch enemy COVID put a stop to that. I accepted the fact that my trip would be cancelled, and moved it back to July of this year, never dreaming that the pandemic would prevent me from travelling a year later. Will I ever make it? i am starting to have my doubts!

betty-NZ said...

I can certainly relate to your 'overkill' of waves, as I do the same thing!!

Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

Veronica Lee said...

Love the fabulous coastal scenery!

Thank you for taking us along!

Happy Sunday, Valerie!

betty-NZ said...

I had to read the text to know that it wasn't New Zealand scenery, it's so similar!

I'm happy to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week! Thanks for linking up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...