Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Autumn's last hurrah

Late last week it was a gorgeous Autumnal day - about 18C with a slight crispness to the air, so I took a drive 1.5 hrs north to the lovely Clare Valley - one of the top wine-growing regions of South Australia.
Won't you join me on a brief tour? ......

This was the view looking back towards the Mt Lofty Ranges

.... pity about the pylons !





This pub was established in 1860



There was an abundance of new lambs













Mintaro - former slate mining town with a delightful historic "feel"

Attractive entry to one of the B&B's in the town

The Teapot Inn - sadly now on the market, but a visit there a few years back with a friend for Devonshire tea was a charming experience



I bet the walls within this homestead have some stories to tell !

Stockpiling feed for possible harsh days to come



A tragic story behind this headstone no doubt...


A wide brown land indeed . . .

Linking up with 

Our World Tuesday Graphic

5 comments:

Rosie said...

Lovely photos and a part of South Australia that I love. Might have to make another trip there, your photos are making me want to go there again.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

What a wonderful series, the wine country area is lovely. I love all the critters, the lambs are adorable. The Teapot Inn is charming and I love the wagon. The leaves are so colorful and pretty. Beautiful photos and post. Have a happy day and great week ahead.

Tanza Erlambang said...

Temperature at 18 C is comfortable for me, must be lovely place.
Thank you for sharing beautiful and attractive photos.
Love to read your story telling.

Karen said...

Wine country in the fall is pretty. I like the old homestead. Thanks for the tour! It brought back good memories of my years living in SA.

Photo Cache said...

I miss road trips. I enjoyed these images.

Worth a Thousand Words

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...