Thursday, December 22, 2016

Mainland B.C.

Although born in the UK, Australia has been home for most of my life - where Christmas falls in our mid-Summer and it is common for families to celebrate the occasion with cold meats, prawns and salads around BBQs or on the beach - there remains within me a deep-seated longing for snow at Christmas time.
Therefore I've chosen to post snowy scenes this week - these were
taken on mainland British Columbia in October.
 

(I couldn't decide which of these two shots to post, so you get both!)


Wherever you may be, I sincerely wish you a truly wonderful and meaningful Christmas
in the company of those you hold dear and hoping you stay safe on the roads.
 
Again, thank you all for taking time to visit and comment on my blog posts,
but more especially for the sheer pleasure your photography brings to my days.
 
Do visit Skywatch Friday for more sky shots.

5 comments:

Linda W. said...

I couldn't imagine Christmas without cold and snow....but then I've lived in the northern US all my life.

Fun60 said...

Those photos shout Christmas to me. Not sure how I would celebrate Christmas in a hot climate. Have a wonderful festive time in the sunshine and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful photos in the New Year.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is a gorgeous area. Similar to Washington state, which is also lovely. Gorgeous scenery and photos. Enjoy and have a happy weekend. I wish you and your a very Merry Christmas!

Klara said...

oh, I would trade our dark winter Christmas (no snow at all) for your BBQ on a beach Christmas any time ;-)
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

betty-NZ said...

What lovely shots! The mountains are so gorgeous. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...