Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Life's slow lane

These locks are in the Congleton area of Cheshire and I really would have liked to take a trip along these waterways on a narrow boat - alas my stay in the UK was already a busy one.  I'm told such holidays are very relaxing - apart from the regular need to flex muscles opening and closing the many, many lock gates! (If schedules weren't an issue, and I had supportive and fit travelling companions, I'd still love to undertake such a trip)
 
 



Joining in the fun at Our World Tuesday
with many thanks to Lady Fi and the team
 

11 comments:

Fun60 said...

It does seem a peaceful way to travel and I'm sure you would see a lot of wildlife from the narrow boat. Maybe next time you're here.

Felicia said...

beautiful images. it looks so peaceful and quiet.

jeannettestgermain said...

Uh, don't know if my comment got through - tempting to do a boat trip with such lovely views, but those lock gates would be an issue:)

Joyful said...

It's very beautiful there and the green is so vivid. Great post in green in time for St. Patrick's Day. Have a great one!

ladyfi said...

The scenery is just gorgeous!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Wonderfully tranquil scenes. England's waterways are an often-overlooked national treasure.

Ela said...

Such a lovely place ! Nice to see your beautiful views !
Greetings

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous scenery!

Gerald (SK14) said...

I'm hoping to do such a trip in about six weeks time but on a section that doesn't have any locks.

NatureFootstep said...

O. I really love locks. We have a few in Sweden but far from where I live.

Powell River Books said...

Those canals look so beautiful. I wonder how private it would be staying on them in a boat. - Margy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...